Andrew Jackson Jihad - American Tune
So if I see a penny on the ground
I leave it alone or fucking flip it
I’m a straight white male in America, I’ve got all the luck I need
okay but when you have holocaust survivors and people who were activists during the civil rights movement supporting mike brown and then KKK members and neo nazi’s supporting the officer you should be able to figure out which side is the right one.
#oh no #nope #nein #this was completely and utterly unnecessary #why is this #I mean #now of course I want all the rule 63ed Frollo #gaunt sharp-edged implacable Mistress of Justice #she wanted to be a martyr but Rome fell long ago—she wanted to be a mystic bride of christ but the visions never came #so instead she is this—Sophia and Justita; blind and never-stinting #her flesh mortified and her will righteous #but then #Esmerelda #dancing on the rue de la cite #the love is still terrible and twisted; the shame is still burning under Frollo’s skin however she tries to fisplace it #…but god do I want that story
It was just going to be a sketch and then my hand slipped
oh my actual god yes yes yes
It’s much more sinister and terrifying with the same female pronouns when you consider that lesbian and bisexual women have actually been burned to death by the church. It adds another chilling layer to this song.
Attanya: #WeNeedDiverseBooks because I love science fiction and fantasy books, but I’m tired of authors treating dragons and robots and magic as more plausible than black and brown characters
Jennifer: #WeNeedDiverseBooks because… when I was 13 a white girl told me it was selfishthat all of the protagonists in my stories were Latina because she “just can’t relate to nonwhite characters.” She made me feel guilty for writing about people like me.
Aiesha: #WeNeedDiverseBooks because…Black Girls are more than sidekicks or “sassy, ghetto friend”
Facts and Figures About Race/Ethnicity in YA and Children’s Lit:
- 88% of the books on the 2013 Publisher’s Weekly YA Bestsellers were about white protagonists
- 93% of the authors on the 2013 Publisher’s Weekly YA Bestsellers were white authors
- 85% of the books on the 2014 Young Adult Library Services Association’s Best Fiction for Young Adults list were about white protagonists
- 90% of the authors on the 2014 Young Adult Library Services Association’s Best Fiction for Young Adults list were white authors
- 91% of the authors on the 2013 New York Times’s Bestseller Lists for YA and Children’s Lit were white authors.
- According to the 2012 Cooperative Children’s Book Center, only 3.3% of books were about African-American protagonists; only 2.1% were about Asian and Pacific Islander protagonists; only 1.5% were about Latinx protagonists; and only 0.6% were about Native American protagonists. That means over 90% of children’s books surveyed were about white protagonists.
Long ago, in ancient times, our ancestors spoke of a TV show called “Steven Universe”. Though it disappeared from this world, they prophesied that, one day, it would return to Thursday nights on Cartoon Network. Hark, the stars have aligned, and the loyal see that glorious time is upon us! Steven has returned, as voiced in ancient song, to separate the faithful from the unbelievers and usher in a glorious new age of consistent, weekly new episodes at a reliable 6:30 pm timeslot!!
So new episodes start this Thursday, y’all should go watch.
COACH PROMO BY PAUL VILLECO!!!
THIS THURSDAY! 6:30!!!!!! GARNET AND AMETHYST WILL FUSE! CAN YOU HANDLE IT?!?!? …CAN THEY?!?!?
Do not miss this one in HD cause the color in this jam is off the CHARTS!